Ever since moving to my new apartment, I’ve learned that I seriously lack storage for all the small items I’ve managed to accrue over the years. So now I’m on the hunt for cute ways to store my stuff. Enter this storage ottoman from Target. It’s the perfect way to add storage and it serves as a functional piece of furniture. This bad boy’s definitely been added to my wishlist.
Happy shopping and Happy Wednesday!
The season of Autumn has been in full swing for a couple months now and I’ve definitely used various beauty products. However below are the stand-outs that I’ve reached for time and time again during these chilly days.
1. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 670 Midnight in NY – A black nail polish with subtle sparkle, this one is an oldie but a goodie. The sparkles in the polish keep it from looking too intense on your nails.
2. Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Bronze – I tend to stay away from chocolate colored eyeshadows since I feel that they make me look super tired. This one from Milani however is so blendable and makes my brown eyes stand out even more.
3. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation in Medium-Tan Sand – This foundation is great for everyday. It covers imperfections on my face but doesn’t feel like I put any foundation on.
4. Arquiste for J.Crew No. 57 – A warm smelling fragrance for Autumn. This one has cinnamon bark, whiskey and vanilla bean as part of its fragrance notes. I don’t usually like strong fragrances but this one has me hooked.
5. Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Grandest Grape – This is one of those easy to throw on lip colors and when it fades it leaves a nice berry stain. I reach for it on days when I need a face pick me up.
That’s all for my Autumn favorites, thanks for reading! Have a wonderful Monday!
Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday! Just wanted to share a few snaps from my Instagram of what I’ve been up to the past few weeks. With all the craziness that’s been going on in my life, I’m so lucky to have some of the most amazing friends.
I hope your day is wonderful!
Hello friends! It has been quite some time since I’ve sat down and written a post and for good reason. In one short weekend, a couple of weeks ago, my life changed tremendously and while I am afraid of the unknown, I can only hope that things will get better. So bear with me, I will eventually get back to posting about beauty and fashion and all my random adventures.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
I just wanted to share a few stationery & writing items I picked up to help brighten my desk area for the school year.
1. Polka dot notebook from Marshall’s
2. Blue polka dot & pink striped pens from Target
3. Printed pencils from H&M
4. Cute paper clips from H&M & Target
5. Floral notebook from H&M
6. Polka dot & striped mechanical pencils from Target
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!
Happy Monday and Happy Labor Day everyone! The end of summer is upon us and school starts back up tomorrow. I always feel a mix of excitement and sadness when it comes to starting the school year again. While I look forward to seeing my students and coworkers, I’ll certainly miss having days of being able to sleep in. Today I thought I’d share with you my back to school bag essentials. So here they are:
1. A small makeup case to carry all your essentials in. This one is from Forever 21. It helps keep everything in one place so that I’m not rummaging around my bag hunting for items.
2. Having Visine Drops for Contacts helps keep my eyes from getting dry.
3. A fun lip color like Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie can help change a makeup look from day to night. It can also help liven up your face for days when you feel blah.
4. Hair ties. These are always a necessity and I like to keep a few on hand for instances when wearing my hair down gets bothersome.
5. A roll on fragrance like Fresh Sugar Lychee ensures I smell good throughout the day.
6. A go to lip balm such as the Christian Dior Addict Lip Glow Reviver Balm keeps chapped lips away. This one is great because the lip color adapts according to your body chemistry.
7. A translucent powder like Too Faced Primed & Poreless helps keep my face from shining like a beacon.
8. I always have a Tide pen just in case I spill anything on myself from doing arts & crafts with the students or from food because I can be a bit clumsy at times.
9. Purell Hand Sanitizer is another necessity when you work with kids and commute on the subway in NYC.
So those are all my back to school essentials. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day!