Hello all! June has flown by and I’m a little late on posting my favorites. So without further ado, here are my June faves:
1. AEO Strappy Metallic Sandal - These have been my go-to sandals to wear with everything. I’ve gotten so many compliments every time I wear them. They’re very comfortable and the combination of silver, rose and yellow gold makes it easy to match with whatever I wear.
2. Charlotte Russe Chevron Necklace (similar) – This necklace was the best 2 dollars I’ve spent this past month. It just adds a nice bohemian detail to plain shirts and dresses. Although it’s no longer on the site, I’ve linked a similar necklace above.
3. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat – I had heard good things about this blush from YouTubers as well as my friend Beatrice. However, I was reluctant to buy it since it is quite pricey ($35) for something that just goes on my cheeks. I kept on popping in at Sephora however and swatching it on my hands. One day I finally caved and decided to get it for myself as an “end of the school year” treat (even though it was still 2 weeks away from ending). I haven’t regretted it. The blush gives you a natural looking flush and the highlighter part makes you look glowy. Together they make your cheeks look amazing and it lasts all day long. Definitely a keeper.
4. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum - I bought this product on a whim because I felt that I needed a serum for the day time. You apply it before your moisturizer and man oh man has it helped my skin a ton. I have hyperpigmentation, so when I break out I always get dark spots. This serum has helped fade a ton of the spots in very little time.
5. Blue Liquid Eyeliner (from Sephora in Sailor Kiss and Prestige Cosmetics in Azure) - I have been obsessed with creating my cat eye looks with blue eyeliner lately. In the summer, like so many others, I lighten my makeup look as well as wear brighter colors. Blue eyeliner is a nice alternative to wearing black which can look harsh on hot summer days.
6. L’Oreal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder in Sand Beige – I bought this foundation some time ago but whenever I put it on, it didn’t sit quite right on my skin. It was during a time when my skin was having a bit of a dry spell, so it would settle on any dry patches I had. Now with the warmer weather (i.e. oilier skin), it works wonders. The liquid to powder finish helps to mattify my skin and keeps it from looking like an oil field. It’s light coverage with a watery consistency. When you apply it, it feels as if you’re not putting anything on your skin. I know that doesn’t make sense, but once it’s on you’re able to see a better version of your skin without feeling like you caked on makeup.
That’s all for my June favorites. Thanks for reading and enjoy your day!