Hello again! I’ve been a bit wrapped up with summer school and since it ended I’ve been trying to enjoy what’s left of my summer vacation. Thus, lack of blogging, but enough excuses, here are my July/August favorites.
1. Joie Folle de Joie Perfume – I first tried a sample of this perfume in my Birchbox. Ever since then, I’d been wanting to add it to my collection, so I did. It’s a citrusy floral scent perfect for the daytime. It’s an ideal scent for summer days and even though fall is right around the corner, I know I’ll still be reaching for this perfume.
2. Druzy Necklace from Sorella Boutique in Woodstock, NY – I discovered this necklace on a day trip to Woodstock with a couple of my girlfriends. At $27 it was a steal and it looks so pretty paired with dresses and with casual outfits.
3. Nina Kuna Gold Shark Tooth Necklace – I vaguely remember looking at a random fashion magazine or style blog and saw someone wearing a shark tooth necklace. From that moment on I was on the hunt for something similar. I came across this necklace from Nina Kuna and knew it would be perfect. I’ve been wearing it everyday layered with the druzy necklace.
4. Mirrored Sunglasses from Woodstock Trading Post – Another random find from my trip to Woodstock. These have been my go to sunnies as of late. I like that no one can see where I’m looking (creeepppy!) and that they give my outfits a cool vibe (even though I’m not really cool, haha).
5. Too Faced Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer - I really like the shimmer in this bronzer and the glow that it gives. I’m naturally tan but like to give my face a little oomph here and there. The powder is very blendable and looks natural on, which is important, because no one likes looking like an Oompa Loompa.
6. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder – Another great powder from Too Faced. It’s a simple translucent powder that gets rid of shine throughout the day. It’s awesome because no matter how much you put on it never looks cakey. I like to use it in the morning to set my makeup and for touch ups later in the day.
7. L’Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry Oil – This is a very recent purchase. Recent as in like 2 days ago, but holy hell it is amazing. I dyed the ends of my hair purple and the bleaching process dried it out. I added this oil to my ends and they look shiny and healthy again. Seriously, this stuff is awesome and it smells really good.
8. Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray – I’m very late to the party on this one. Everyone and their mother loves this stuff, but I held out. I had my Model in a Bottle and I really didn’t want to buy another setting spray. However, Model in a Bottle just wasn’t cutting it. It was sticky and made my face look like I spread egg whites all over it, so weird. So I finally caved after reading MANY reviews, and now I’m obsessed. It sets my makeup nicely, doesn’t feel sticky at all, and at the end of the day my makeup still looks great. I will definitely be purchasing the full-sized bottle.
That’s all for my favorites. Thanks for reading.
Have a wonderful day!